Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bratty Teens

I am so pissed off right now. My kids are ungrateful brats and I can't take another minute of it. What is it with this age? So fucking selfish! All they think about is themselves, it's pathetic!

I am working with a VERY limited budget right now and I'm trying to make meals that they will enjoy and won't cost much. I have off today so I had time to make a nice-ish dinner.

I went down the street to buy some groceries. No help offered from the kid bouncing his ball on the wall outside. Right now he's supposed to man up and do these kinds of errands. He's almost 16 and I had to ask him to take the bags from me when I got back and he was still bouncing the damn ball.

I ask my second oldest to help me put the food away and get dinner started and she protests. "Why me? Why can't someone else? When they help, I'll help."  Ugh forget it. I'll do it myself. The other two, one was asleep and the other was just hanging out in her room.

I get dinner cooked. I made rice, kofta, salad and fried cauliflower. They did say thanks for dinner. I finished eating and asked them to clear the table when they were done.

One by one, each of them start getting up and don't clear the table.  I ask #2 and she gives me the tried and true, "Why should I? they didn't" I call the boy from his room and he takes two things into the kitchen after I have to ask again.  I call back #2 to tell her, ok, he started, take a couple of things off the table. Nope, she claims the other two need to help as well. I told her, they will...one is still eating and the other has a cast on her leg. She has no sympathy and thinks it's unfair that her sister can't do a lot of things. She insists that she will put away only 2 items just like her brother did....no more.

I lose it. I don't understand why can't everyone just help out when help is needed!! What the hell is so hard about that?! I am so sick of this crap, it's not fair. I should have more help from them and I am constantly talking about helping each other. Instead they tell me what other kids' mothers do and how they don't have to help out. It really makes me angry and sad as well. I have really had enough.

2 comments:

  1. I taught bratty teens back in the UK and got quite frustrated once too because they really push you to the limits. Sorry to read you're going through this :( Have you read about any solutions to get them to help out? I love reading Supernanny's website, has some good tips for us frustrated adults! http://www.supernanny.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really know how to push your buttons and get on your nerves. I'll check that out, thank you.

      Delete