Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Much Better Week



Cool.

Aaah, thankfully, I can say I am having a much better week.

It may or may not have a little  a lot to do with the fact that my husband is back home. His mere presence automatically makes my life easier. The kids are better behaved and study when they are told. He fixed a bunch of little things around the house that needed fixing. It's just good to have another parent in the house. He fell in love with our new dog, and took him to get his first vaccine/vet visit. He also took my middle daughter to get her cast off. It's just a huge load off my shoulders to have some help and not feel like I'm alone in this.

I feel a lot more at ease and not angry or resentful. Whatever it is, I'm glad.

Work is good. One month to go. I teach and school is out in a month. It's my first year so it will be interesting to see how I feel over the summer. Whether I'll miss it or how I'll feel.

Tomorrow is my oldest's 16th birthday. I can't believe he is 16. He's a good kid. Loves drawing. I asked him to show his father his drawings but he wasn't too eager but I'm proud of him. I hope he will.  We'll go out to dinner and I'm making his favorite dessert. Peanut butter squares!

Hope you're all doing fine as well and hoping May is a great month for everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read that you're having a better week! And 16 years old! Masha'Allah! Happy birthday to him! :) Hope you all have fun.

    The kids I know in primary school finish this week! I can't imagine ever having to finish school in May, how wonderful for them! The secondary school kids I know are finishing next week or the week after, depending on exams.

    How's the weather there? Today was 40 degrees in Cairo and quite dusty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We had a week of great cool breezy warm weather then bam, Summer!

      Delete