Thursday, June 12, 2014

Make Up


This is a good representation of my go to daily look.

So I've always been a big fan of make up. Ever since I bought that pale pink lipstick for 99cents when I was 13. I've gotten more into actual application techniques this past year since I've been working and applying make up on a daily basis. I learned a few tricks that I find extremely helpful and genius.

*First, the latest thing was something I learned from my very favorite Youtube beauty guru Wayne Goss  Powder before foundation. I know! It sounds a little strange and goes against what we've always been told but it works! I use it with either foundation or BB cream ( Revlon Colorstay or Pond's Luminous finish BB cream) and it works great with both. Here's the video, but basically, after I wash my face and remove any excess eyemake up and use toner,  I apply my moisturizer, (you can also use primer) and then lightly powder my face evenly. Then I apply my foundation or BB cream. You find yourself needing less product and your make up stays put allllll day/evening. If you get any cakeyness or anything you need to use less powder. kIt's amazing, I love it.

*The second great tip is probably more well known. I always wipe my mascara wand off with a tissue before using it. I think most formulas are too wet. It doesn't clump at all this way and gives a more defined, natural lash instead of spikes or spider leg lashes. I just curl my eyelashes and then wipe off the wand and apply in a zig zag motion. You don't need to worry about wasting product because you'll never run out of mascara before it's time to toss it anyway.

*Lastly and I love this one, is to use an old felt tip liquid liner pen that has dried out as an eyeliner brush for gel eyeliner. It works so well and it's very precise. More so than the eyeliner brush I was using before hand. You can make a thick or thin line and get that crisp, sharp wing or cat eye.

If you try any of these let me know!

3 comments:

  1. This is quite embarrassing to share, but after only ever applying eyeliner to my waterline, I recently started to apply it to my eyelid after looking at online tutorials. Since I'm still a beginner, I find that my hands are a little shaky when it comes to applying a straight line, and I can't draw a clean wing yet either. Is that usual in the beginning?

    I bought a sigma brush especially for eyeliner, and although it's much smoother than applying kohl on my eyelids, it's still not perfect. So I saw a girl I'm following on instagram with lovely eyeliner on and I asked her what she uses. It's a liquid liner and I bought it from amazon, I forgot the name now. Just waiting for my relative to come to Egypt and deliver it to me so I can see how it compares to the gel liner and sigma brush!

    I love the eye makeup in this picture, I wish I could apply eyeliner that nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps a lot to have your elbows resting on the table or something and to pull your eye taught at first. The wing is so difficult really. Most days it's like swooop and I'm done and I'm so ready but there are days I can't get them even and end up washing my face, removing my makeup and starting again. So frustrating. It does get easier though. Good luck! Oh and I know that feeling of waiting for someone to come and bring you your loot!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!

      Thanks for the tips!

      Delete