Monday, June 23, 2014

Working It Out

So now that I started vacation, I wanted to get back to the gym. I love love loved Zumba for so long and  hadn't been in a while when I was super busy at the end of the school year. When I went back to class, I learned that my lovely instructor had left the country. Personal issues.

 There was this new woman. This new chick was bony and robotic and didn't move in the way I thought Zumba should look.  I tried to enjoy it but it just wasn't the same. I left feeling really sad.

 I had a huge urge to message my old instructor. I told her that she was really missed and that I realized why I loved Zumba so much. I found that Zumba class and through that, her, at a difficult time in my life and it made me happy. I told her how I was always happy in her class and that she changed my life. Not only by helping me to lose 15 kilos, but by giving me confidence in something I never thought I could be good at. Prior to this I wasn't active at all and she was always supportive and encouraging. I let her know that she was missed and that I wished her all the best. She replied that she was really touched by my message and I was so glad I reached out. I felt a lot better. It just goes to show you should always tell people how you feel.

Anyway there was a new class called Body Flex Fitness and it was taught by the woman who did yoga in my old gym who I really loved. Basically it's a lot like yoga, a lot of posing and stretching but it focuses more on the breathing aspect. I really enjoy it and plan to continue doing it.

I'm also tried to eat better and I'm trying to come up with healthy snacks.  Lately it's been Apple slices with a spoon of peanut butter, or Low fat cheese and tomatoes with a tiny bit of olive oil and toasted brown bread. What else? Hummus and a tortilla. I'd love any suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. 15 kilos! That's fantastic! I think it was really nice to reach out to her :) I've been using an app called Noom Coach. It helps me track my calories for the day and I can log in my exercise and it adds it to my calorie budget. I've been using it since March and I've lost a lot of weight. It's a good motivational tool and the user interface is so much better than the other fitness apps I've tried. :)

    ReplyDelete